Friday, June 10, 2011

Demons are Slow

When things start getting weird in my head I find that a good run can be just the cure.  I'm not sure if it's this blankety blank blanking house hunting business or everybody at Dylan's preschool graduation needing to stand in front of me, but I just wasn't feeling right today.  A bunch of my coworkers were heading out to a Mexican place called Lula's.  The main thing that Lula's is known for is some extremely potent margaritas.  I said I would go, but when it came time to actually leave I felt a strong urge to get my running shoes on.  I did and ran a quick 6 miles to the Marina.  Ran past this guy on my way back:




I didn't think I could run 6 miles today and really only planned to do 4.  However, it went by so fast that I accidentally just finished the whole thing.  I felt pretty good right up until the last 100 meters.  I had to stop to wait for a light.  As soon as I started running again, with my office literally within sight, it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest.  I had to stop and walk really slow to catch my breath.  Maybe I ran 6.1 miles instead of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment