Thursday, June 7, 2012

June Update

Wow, I have been really falling behind on this.  I keep wanting to write something but then I think I don't have enough to say so I don't do it.  That defeats the point.  I think the point of a blog is to let people know what you are thinking.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a long post.  So here's my short post about today.  Yesterday we went to a funeral.  It was sad.  It happened to be at the Miramar Marine Air Station, where I happen to have spent 5 of the 6 years I was in the Marine Reserves.  It has been about 12 years since I was last there.  I couldn't believe how much it had changed.  There has been a huge amount of construction on that base.  We drove around looking for the buildings I used to work in and could not find them at all.  Another thing I noted was that the entire time we were there there was constantly marines running.  This was midday on a Wednesday.  I always remember getting my PT sessions in before or after work.  Marines really take their physical fitness seriously.  Actually I think they take pretty much everything seriously.

Last week I finished another project.  It was the second installment in the Transformers video game series.  It was quite stressful in the final 2 days because we realized that we were not going to make the deadline.  We ended up having to pull people off of other projects to pull all nighters to get it done.  They did.  I think that final Friday night I didn't leave until 2:30am.  Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment