Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Recovery Day

I thought I was in reasonable shape, then I tried to do burpees.  I should have recorded myself doing those.  It would have been pretty funny or sad by the time it was over.  I warmed up by running an easy mile on the treadmill.  Then I took a good 5 minutes to get my heart rate back down.  I didn't have a workout plan to follow so I decided to pick a nice round number of 60.  I'll just do 60 and see how that feels.  Reality kicked in at about 10 or 12.  By the time I got to 20 I was sucking wind hard and had to stop for a 15-20 second pause.  The final 20 burpees were absolutely brutal.  Today I am sore in places I never expected to be.  I've seen videos of guys doing 1000 burpees in about an hour.  I can't imagine doing that.  However, this is what usually happens when I discover a new exercise.  I had the same reaction to reverse crunches or body weight squats.  I look forward to doing more burpees in the workouts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment