Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Famous 62

5 minute walk
.5 mile job

62 burpees

I have started attempting to name all the days based on the number of burpees I'm doing.  Yesterday was Roger Maris day for his 61 home runs.  Tomorrow will be Mark Mcguire.  Doesn't always have to be about baseball.  56 was Lawrence Taylor day.  57 was Heinz 57.  Couldn't think of anything for 62.  Kinda fun coming up with those.  Makes this incredibly long workout a little more interesting.  I'm noticing there is a bell curve of difficulty when I'm doing these.  The first 20-30 are easy, 30-45 are the hardest, after 50 it's like I'm on autopilot.  It's quite the mental game.  I've stopped thinking too far ahead.  Instead of thinking there goes 30, halfway there, I'm thinking about doing 1 more.  Always just 1 more.  I also have the confidence of knowing I did the number I'm trying to do today, yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment