Friday, November 18, 2011

DD goes Public

There was a company wide email that I missed last Friday because I was buried in work.  Turns out the rumors that we've been hearing for the last 6 months about Digital Domain becoming a publicly traded company were true.  They went public today....and promptly dropped around 18%.  I was listening to Mad Money on CNBC last night and happened to hear somebody call in asking what Jim Cramer though about Digital Domain Media group.  He responded that he didn't know enough about the company and couldn't give an educated opinion.  Personally, I think the market is probably freaking out because DD is venturing into some new and exciting arena's but doesn't have a proven track record yet.  This company has been around a long time and has made it through some very tough times.  I think that the management team here must know what they are doing. 

Meanwhile, I've been working a fairly steady stream of 12-14 hour days this week.  It's ok though, we deliver this thing just after Thanksgiving so it'll be over soon.

Sydney seems to really like when I walk her to school instead of drive.  The only problem is that that means I leave for work about 20 minutes later than usual.  Right now with this crazy schedule I just can't do that too often.  After I deliver the show I'm definitely going to do that more often.

Starting to feel tired.  Think I'll go home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment