Monday, November 14, 2011

Welcome to Playa

Sorry about the long pause between posts.  Things have been crazy at work for the last few weeks.  I am currently supervising a transformers video game commercial.  It is a rather short schedule which means that the the stress level can be rather high.  We have had lots of weird scheduling issues on this show which has not helped matters either.  What that means is that several members of my team have come on late or been scheduled to do other things at the same time that they are working on my show, etc.  On a short schedule stuff like that can really throw a wrench into the machine.  That being said, I am starting to feel lot more confident in my ability to supervise.  It is starting to feel more comfortable.  It helps that my team is very strong.  With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up we have to be pretty much done with the show by the end of the week.  It's going to be close.

It has been really tough to get out to run lately.  I did a 6 miler yesterday that didn't feel terrible so I guess I'm not totally out of shape yet.  I've been keeping up with the circuit workouts in the garage which pushes my cardio.  I feel like it's a different kind of cardio though.  aerobic vs anaerobic I think is how that works.  I've thought about getting up really early to go on runs at home, but I don't think that is a good idea for me.  Sleep is just too precious a commodity at this point.  I think I will get better results doing runs on my lunch break.  As a supervisor this may prove to be difficult but I've got to find a way.

I promise I'll try to get in writing on a more consistent basis.  Hope everybody is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment