Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Desk Project

I have put in a request to receive a stand up desk here at work.  That request appears to have hit a snag based on the fact that I do not have a doctor's note stating I have a back problem (which I don't).  The main reason I would like to stand at my desk for at least part of the day is that I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable sitting for 10+ hours a day.  Since the company I work for doesn't appear to value my comfort I have taken it upon myself to seek out other options.  The most obvious way to go would be to just buy my own desk.  However adjustable height desks are hard to find and very expensive.  A cheap stand up desk will be at least $500.  Then I thought, maybe I could build my own desk.  I could probably manage to take 4 2x4's and attach them to a desk top.  However, I would have to be sure that it was the correct height and it would probably be a real pain to transport.  Then I thought, maybe I could buy just the adjustable height legs.  Again very expensive. Then it dawned on me that maybe I don't need to make the entire desk.  Maybe I could just make a small desk that can rest on top of the desk I already have!  It would only have to be about 16-20 inches high.  This is something I could easily build and transport myself.  If I can manage to make this and have it not be wobbly, I will be a much more comfortable CG supervisor.

The latest from the Piano Guys:

No comments:

Post a Comment