Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Groove of Toughness

I used to listen to the Jim Rome show all the time.  It's a sports talk radio show.  One of the guests he had on many years ago was this exNavy SEAL who wrote a self help book and hosted a tv show.  One of the things he said that Jim used to repeat was that you should take a cold shower every morning to "cut a groove of toughness in your brain".  That sounds pretty awesome doesn't it.  It sounds awesome, but would you actually do that?  Would you do it even once, on purpose?  I've been starting to transition away from doing my circuit workouts lately and started doing a lot more running.  Since I have to take Sydney to school I really only have about 20 minutes to run so I try to run fast.  Afterward, I have 10 minutes to cool down, eat, get dressed, and get out the door.  Lately, I have started taking that infamous cold shower to try and cool myself down faster.  Whoa boy, that is not fun.  It definitely works but for the first minute or so I feel like it is taking my breath away.  Feels good though, and I'm not a sweaty mess as I'm driving Sydney to school.  Groove of toughness?  Well we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment