Saturday, July 21, 2012

New 7 Mile Route

Last week was my first official week of marathon training.  In order to build up to being able to do 26 miles I have to increase my long run mileage by 1 mile or 10% (which ever is more) every week.  When I do the math this means I may not be able to make it for the Long Beach.  If I do it means I'll have to cheat and skip ahead which is not really a good idea.  Cheating just means opening yourself up for injury.  If I'm not ready I won't force it.  There are other marathons.  I wanted to do that one again because it is obviously most convenient.  Also I feel like it beat me last time so I'm itching for some payback.  So last week was a 6 mile long run, today was a 7 miler.  This is the farthest I have run in quite a while.  Probably over a year.  There sure are a lot of hills in Signal Hill and Long Beach.  I'm sure I am running up and down more hills here than I was in Chino Hills.

I have an interesting situation happening at work right now.  My supervisor is going to be leaving to go on vacation about a week before we are to deliver the project.  That means it is completely on me to get it done.  This is also a project that I came onto late so I am not totally familiar with it.  This could prove to be a challenge.  The main thing I am looking forward to is a vacation that I scheduled starting July 30.  I really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment