Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Staycation

I've been on quite a long run of stressful projects for the last 4-6 months and so I took it upon myself to get some vacation time in which I just stayed home.  Originally it was supposed to be 9 days but it was split because I had to come in to work for 2 days.  It was still very nice and I'm glad I did it.  I really needed to get away from work for a while.  I got some good running in.  Got a little house work done.  Almost mowed the lawn.  Mainly just relaxed.  One really cool thing I did was finally use the gift certificates for a place called the Flightdeck in Anaheim that mom gave me and Derek.  It was a good time and I think Derek liked it too.  They give you a lot of time in the simulator.  The guy giving the briefing on how to fly the planes asked if any of us were prior military and I said that I was a Marine.  He asked where I was stationed and I said Miramar.  Apparently he was as well.  I don't think I've ever met another Miramar Marine.  That was kinda cool.  Anyways, I think we'll be going back there again.

I've been debating with myself whether or not I am actually going to be able to properly train for the Long Beach Marathon.  If I stick the same kind of training plan that I had for the LA I will be finishing my 20 miler the week before the marathon.  Technically, this is possible although I still feel like I am rushing it a bit.  We'll see what happens.  I completed a 10 mile training run yesterday and it felt pretty good.  I have figured out that in order to go on a long run and not feel like crap for the rest of the day I need to eat a lot more.  How bout that.

Lakewood tunnel underneath the 405.  A rather uncomfortable place to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment