Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Quiche Day

400's
4 sets of
400 meter run
50 airsquats

Time= 12:31

This workout was rather disappointing because I felt like I had for sure set a new PR on this one.  I ran the first 400 about 10 seconds faster than I've ever done it.  I was bouncing off the bottom of my airsquats the entire way through.  Yet, I still missed my PR time by 30 seconds.  I can use the excuse of last week being pretty rough with working so many hours and being sick, but I really felt good today.  In the end, it was a good workout so I'll live to fight another day.

This morning I decided to experiment with making a breakfast quiche.  I did some research on it last night and discovered that a quiche is basically a miniature cheese pie.  I didn't have any premade biscuit dough so I had to make it myself from bisquick.  I usually don't make them that way because they often come out so flat.  Well, this time I actually wanted them to be flat because they were more of a crust than a biscuit.  So I made myself a really thin biscuit crust and put a bunch of 4 inch circles into a muffin tin.  Next I fried up some breakfast sausage and mixed it with some raw eggs and a lot of cheese.  Then I poured that into then crust forms and baked at 400 for 10 minutes.  Usually when I experiment like that it doesn't go over well with the little ones.  Derek will pretty much eat anything so he liked it.  However, I was able to get a stamp of approval from Sydney so that was awesome.  Dylan was in another one of his typical morning moods so I'm not sure if his rejection counts.  I think we'll be seeing the breakfast quiches again.  Next time I'll make one without cheese so Michelle can have one.

These were the pretty ones.

The not so pretty ones.  I may have used a bit too much batter on these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment