Sunday, June 1, 2014

Goodbye Zoe

Last night I got home pretty late from work.  We are delivering the current project on Tuesday.  It was about 10pm.  As has happened countless other times Zoe had gotten out of the backyard.  I walked the trails and streets around the house but to no avail.  This morning, I woke up and set out again.  This time I ventured out farther and eventually ended up on Cherry.  As I walked up the hill I saw her lying on the sidewalk.  Zoe had been hit by a car.

I can still remember when Michelle brought Zoe home after buying her from some lady in a parking lot.  Basically a spur of the moment purchase.  Zoe was a tough dog to love early on.  She seemed untrainable.  However, as the years went on she barked her way into our hearts.  Telling the kids of he fate was terrible.  The news broke their hearts.

I can't help but feel partially responsible.  If I hadn't been working that day we would have been home and she wouldn't have gotten out.  If I had done a better job at securing the backyard she wouldn't have gotten out.  I wish I could have prevented this.  To add insult to injury I had to leave my family at home and come right back to work.  I want to go home.

Zoe was a good dog.

Goodbye Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment