Monday, May 26, 2014

Ripped Hands

Murph

run 1 mile
100 pull ups
200 pushups
300 air squats
run 1 mile

Murph is a famous workout named after fallen Navy SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy.  This is regarded as being one of the more brutal crossfit workouts for the general public to attempt.  I was not able to complete it.  I made it to 80 pullups and simply could not hold on to the bar anymore.  The pushups and air squats were easy.  My main problem is that I don't know how to do kipping pull ups properly.  I have been focusing completely on doing strict pull ups because I think they are safer on your shoulder joint and to be honest I think they are more manly.  If you are looking to crank out 100 pull ups though, kipping might be the only way to go unless you want to be there all day.  I am going to buy pull up gloves that I have seen gymnasts use in the Olympics.  Hopefully they will keep my hands from tearing.

I'm 39 today.  To bad I had to come in to work, but I gotta do what I gotta do.  I hope I can get home at a reasonable enough time to do some family stuff.  I'm getting tired of Sydney's bike tire popping.  I think she needs another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment