Thursday, August 25, 2011

Buffett to the Rescue

The market got a nice pop at the open today based on Mr. Warren Buffett's large investment into perhaps the biggest stinker big bank in the US, Bank of America.  This caused BAC (Bank of America stock ticker symbol) to launch around 18% and give the entire financial sector a nice boost as well.  The rest of the market lagged and eventually the Buffett effect wore off.  Tomorrow is going to be very interesting.  I am sticking to my prediction that we should see a big down day.  However as I said yesterday, I don't feel like gambling.

The streak continues to 5.  Took a nice run out to the pier today at lunch.  I am really not used to running in the sun.  It was probably around 80 degrees today but it felt like 90 because there were no clouds at all.  Really crowded too.  Not really the time I like running.

Did I mention how hilly I found out Signal Hill is?  It really should have been called Signal Hills.  Here is a nice friendly one I ran up on Saturday.

The angle looks weird because I am standing straight and this hill is so ridiculously steep.

No comments:

Post a Comment