Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ease Out

We are delivering a video game cinematic project this week for a game called Gears of War 3.  It is a popular game on the XBox 360.  Projects like this are usually very stressful because of the short schedule (5 weeks) and large amount of work to be done.  This time was different however because this is our slow season almost all the artists working on this show are staff or supervisor level.  I got to be an artist again and quite frankly I had fun.  Usually the last 2 to 3 days of shows like this are fraught with last minute revisions and long hours.  This time it looks like we are going to coast into the finish nice and easy.  I probably should say that prior to us actually delivering but I feel pretty confident about it.

Yesterday I left the house at 8:15am.  I did this because I didn't have much to do at work that demanded me getting there early and I wanted to see what traffic would be like at the worst time of the morning.  Just past the 710 freeway traffic slowed to a crawl  but only because a motorcycle rider had fallen off his bike and was lying on the side of the freeway.  He was sitting up so I'm pretty sure he was alive.  After passing him whilst pointing and laughing traffic flowed nicely all the way to the 90.  I am impressed.

I have been feeling really out of shape lately.  I haven't run in almost a week and I can tell.  It is amazing how out of shape you can get just a few months after running a marathon.  I don't think I can run 8 miles without stopping right now.  I did a 4 mile run this morning.  It felt pretty bad for the first 2 miles but was ok for the last half.  I saw a big group of people on the beach shooting something.  It's a good bet it was NCIS LA since every episode of that show seems to involve walking past the Santa Monica pier.  Who knew there was so much naval counterespionage activity going on in Santa Monica?


No comments:

Post a Comment