Friday, December 2, 2011

Healthcare Bomb

I recently found out that our new facility in Playa does not have a shower in it.  One of the first things I asked about when I learned we are moving was that and was assured that there was indeed a shower on premises.  ALL LIES!!!  This is going to make it significantly more difficult for me to get runs in.  Lately, I have been doing my circuit routine in the mornings and then a single 6 mile run on the weekends.  Somehow I need to figure out a way to get in midweek runs or my marathon career could be over. 

We delivered the transformers job earlier this week.  That show went pretty well considering how complex it was.  I think fans of the original transformers tv show will like it.  It uses those old style designs but is rendered with a very realistic look.  The team did a great job.  Hopefully it will be on youtube soon so I can post it.

I don't think there is a piece of legislation that Republicans want to  repeal more than Obamacare.  It's practically the first thing out of every candidate's mouth in debates.  Today I read an interesting article entitled "The Bomb Buried In Obamacare Explodes Today-Hallelujah!"  Many of the changes that the legislation dictates are slated to take effect over time.  One of the changes that is to take effect today is that all for profit health insurers must spend 80% of money from premiums on actual health care instead of overhead, advertising, or profit.  Wow, imagine that.  Health care companies are going to be forced to spend money on actual health care.  I'm sure the details of this part of the law are a bit more complicated but I have to say, this sounds pretty good to me.  We'll have to see if they actually do it and if the law is actually inforced.


http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2011/12/02/the-bomb-buried-in-obamacare-explodes-today-halleluja/

1 comment:

  1. Do you have to shower afer running? Maybe there is a gym or finess center near by. One idea of heath care from the liberal side or the Obamacare, is that the better access to health care,the less people will be illed or becoming serious illed suddenly, thus lowering the over cost. This is a very complex issue because on the one hand we want the health industry to be somewhat market driven, but taking care of deseases and sick people should not always be for making money only.

    ReplyDelete