Friday, November 9, 2012

Back to Venice

I have been temporarily relocated back to the Venice office.  The one thing that stands out to me about this place is how alive it is compared to Playa.  Playa feels like a quiet retirement community in Irvine.  Venice feels like a hipster college town.  I really miss running on the beach here so today I decided to go on out.  I have been running on the treadmill for so long that I think my body has adapted to it.  Mainly to the cushioning or give that my treadmill provides.  With every foot strike on regular pavement it felt like a shockwave going through my body.  Like somebody was shaking me every time I took a step.  It took about 2 miles for that to ware off.  Unfortunately, this might have been the windiest run I have ever been on.  Wow, was it windy.  Tough going out, easy coming back.  Another thing I have been wanting to do is stop by my old nemesis, the pull up bars.  You may recall that my old best on the bars was 7.  Today I did 10.  I have a feeling I could have done more if I hadn't run 3 miles to get to the bars.  I am satisfied with 10.  I would have been happy with 12.

Sure feels good to be working again.

Had my white balance set wrong so the picture go messed up.  Windy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment