Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lunch Run Proposal

On Monday I decided to go on my favorite 6 mile run.  From DD to the Marina jetty.  It was maybe the worst run ever.  Most likely it was a perfect storm of factors that contributed to this run being so bad.  First, I am still getting over this cold/cough thing and my stomach has been really irritated the last few days.  Second, I had a small bowl of cereal and a glass of a day old smoothie for breakfast, that was all I had until I ran at lunch time.  The one thing that I didn't do wrong (or so I thought) was good ol rule #1 when going on runs.  Always go to the bathroom right before you run.  Well, I had already gone around 9 in the morning, but not wanting to break the rule, I tried and did go.  I don't think I made it a mile before I had to go again.  Then again at mile 4.  It was awful.  I walked probably 20 minutes of it because my stomach was cramping up so much.  A run that usually takes me about 50 minutes wound up going over 1.5 hours.

Tuesday, I took the day off.

So today I decided to head down to the pier and maybe say hi to my friend the pull up bars.  Got rule #1 out of the way and headed out.  This time I felt a lot better.  No cramping, no urges, and no wind.  I made my way up the stairs of the pier and down the side of the pier where the roller coaster is.  I was nearing the corner where you turn to go onto the main walkway when I noticed a couple standing near the railing.  When I was about 40 feet from them, the guy goes down to one knee, holding a small box.

It was a good day.

That's them down at the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment