Thursday, May 5, 2011

8 mile escape

I ran 8 miles this morning.  That is the longest I have run since the marathon.  Felt pretty good, although it did feel like it took forever.  Really foggy this morning.  That was weird considering the last two days have been so hot.  By lunch time it still hadn't burned off.  The tide was low so I got to run on the beach.  Weird how it is usually high now.  Seems like about a year ago it started being high tide in the morning when I run. 

I like it when it gets foggy like this.  The pier emerges out of the mist like a ghost ship in the sand.

2 comments:

  1. I also used to love to run on the beach from New Port Beach Pier to Balboa pier and back, 2 miles one way. The beach was not this flat most of the time. I liked to run bare feet. The bottom of the feet usually caught some black oily stuff. On a clear day, it was great.

    ReplyDelete