Monday, May 9, 2011

Productive Day

It always feels good to have a productive day.  Today my team has been burning through the work like crazy.  I feel good that I have been able to stay ahead of them and constantly feed them work to do.  This nice compared to the alternative of giving somebody something to do and not seeing any progress for a day or two.  Especially on something that I would think should take a few hours this can be most annoying. 

Had a good run this morning.  It took me an extra long time to get out the door because I felt like I had too much work to do.  They aren't going to pay me for the extra hours yet so if I stayed I be working for free.  It always feels good to run after a long mental battle like that.  Getting out the door is always the hardest part.  Running is the fun part.

Docweiller Beach around 8am.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mean you worked first, then ran, then went back to work again?

    When you said "getting out of door is the hardest part", do you mean there was something in you that resists to run? I remember that was normal.

    Mark L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I get to work, work for about an hour then go run, then come back and work. I don't think I have ever got here and immediately gone out for a run.

    Getting out the door is always a tough mental battle. It's easier now than it was 5 years ago, but it's still tough. Feels good that I win that battle more often than not. I always feel bad when I lose.

    ReplyDelete