Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Overhead

This week is my last week on overhead status at work.  What this means is that I am not officially attached to any project and am doing tutorials and kind of being lazy.  Next week all that ends.  What also ends is my ability to go for runs at lunch time since doing that extends my lunch period well beyond the allotted hour I am given.  When I am on a show I typically take just enough time to eat for a lunch break.  Nothing even close to 1 hour.  Now that I am living closer I have no reason to get up at 5am and drive to work.  The nice bonus to doing this in the past was that I got some free time in the morning to run and still be working at my desk well before anybody else showed up.  I am not exactly sure how I am going to work in runs now.  The only way really is to wake up extra extra early.  Like 4:30-5am and get in a run before I have to start making breakfast and lunches for the kids at 6.  Well, guess I can do that or stop running.  Don't think I feel like stopping right now.

I felt like crap this morning.  I got a bug bite on my foot that woke me up at around 2am last night.  It was really annoying.  Then this morning I just didn't feel right.  My throat felt weird and my head had that heavy feeling you get when you are going to be sick.  Unfortunately, this being my last week of overhead I planned on taking full advantage and running 4 times this week.  Starting with today.  Now, often when I feel really tired and not in the mood to run, I end up having some of my best runs.  Today was basically like that.  Although, I felt great while running.  When I finished I immediately started feeling bad again.  That's ok, at least I got the 6 miles in.  I think it may have been a water issue.  Tomorrow I plan on doing a 4 miler followed by another 6 on Thursday culminating with a long run on Saturday morning.

If you look really close you can see my footsteps in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment