Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Mower

This weekend Derek mowed the lawn for the first time ever.  This was quite the rite of passage for him.  I think he did a pretty good job.  He even had to use the weedwacker to trim the sides because the curvy wall is impossible to mow close to.

How many guys can say they have a picture of themselves mowing the lawn for the first time ever?  Derek can.

I also set a goal to cook two new things this weekend.  I definitely wanted to make a soup and I know that Derek likes minestrone from when we go to Olive Garden so I told him to look up a good recipe on allrecipes.com.  While he was doing that the little ones were watching Phineas and Ferb and saw the episode were they enter a meat loaf contest.  So then they wanted meat loaf.  Perfect!  So Derek found a couple of good recipes for meat loaf and we picked one.  The meat loaf was really easy to make.  Basically it's exactly like making hamburger meat but with a topping.  The minestrone was a bit more involved but Derek made it completely by himself so it took a while.  He's got to work on his slice and dice speed.  In the end we had a great meal with a lot of leftovers.

What you don't see is the tray of brownies we also made for desert.  I could barely move after this meal.

I ran 4 miles the next day so it's ok.

1 comment: