Wednesday, February 26, 2014

PR week

400's
4 sets of
400 meter run
50 airsquats

11:57

This is one of the workouts that I've been pretty stuck with for the past 3 or 4 weeks.  I got a PR on it a while back of 12:01.  Since that time I've been posting times of 12:29, 12:48, or in that range.  Not getting anywhere close to that PR.  This morning I beat it.  By 4 seconds, but hey I'll take it.  I was beginning to think maybe I messed the workout up when I made that previous PR.  One major thing I didn't do this morning is a longish running warmup.  Before I was running about a mile.  Today I ran 1/4 then did some mobility warm up drills to loosen up the hips.  I've been hearing a lot from crossfit people in interviews saying they don't stretch.  Personally, I think people that don't stretch are probably really flexible already.  I am not.  I am probably the least flexible person I know.  I am going to start working on stretching daily on my off hours.

I forgot to mention that I got myself a dandy new jump rope for doing double unders.  I have been practicing them everyday since I got it.  They are really hard.  Today I got 5 double unders in a row.  I'm pretty stoked about that.  I think hitting 10 will be a big milestone.  After that I'll be shooting for 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment