Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Big Crane

I did a nice 4 miler to the pier this morning wearing those minimalist shoes again.  Let me be honest here.  I would never have bought those things.  I think they are overpriced and a bit silly looking.  It literally looks like you have a glove on your foot.  That being said, I think they are starting to grow on me.  I certainly would not want to run on the streets and sidewalks of Venice barefoot.  I did half the 4 miles on sand and half on pavement.  It felt great the whole way.  The barefoot advocates preach that running without shoes greatly reduces many common running injuries.  Hey I'm all for that.  I'm going to continue using these things.  Especially since my running shoes are literally falling apart.

The folks at the Google building have been busy.  Ever since we moved out they have had large work crews in there gutting the place.  This morning they had a massive crane that looked like it should fall over from being too tall.  They were lifting air conditioning units off a truck onto the roof.

See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment