Thursday, July 21, 2011

ReCantor

 I cautiously went on a 4 mile run this morning to the pier and back.  I decided to wear shoes this time.  I say cautious because I definitely had a bad feeling about the last run.  I think I was pushing it with the 6 mile runs without shoes.  I'm going to stick to 4 miles or less doing the shoeless thing for the next few months.  Fortunately, I made it through this morning with no pain at all.  Looks like I dodged one there.  One of the things that I've learned in the last few years is trying to run through pain is about the stupidest thing you can do.  All I've ever accomplished by doing that is compound injuries far beyond what they would have been.  Listen your body.




I dug a little deeper on the Cantor story that I wrote about previously and found out that he does indeed own some shares of a double short treasuries ETF, but only $15,000 worth.  I do not know the net worth of Mr. Cantor however it's a safe bet that that is not a large sum of money to him.  Probably the equivalent of $150 to me.  According to his spokeperson he has that position as a hedge against the treasuries that he does own in a retirement account.  Why one would need to hedge against a treasuries position in an account like that is lost on me.  That being said I think the story of Eric Cantor supposedly "betting against America" was a load of bs easily debunked by anyone willing to do 5 minutes of research.  Shame on you doomer/lefty media.

No comments:

Post a Comment