Monday, July 18, 2011

Cantor Shorts T-Bills

I read a story this weekend about how Eric Cantor, one of the chief house negotiators regarding the debt ceiling has taken up a short position on T-Bills.  Specifically a double down ETF.  What that means is that if treasuries go down he makes double the percentage.  I certainly wouldn't give this story too much credibility at this point since the only place I've seen it is on sites like hoffington post, salon, or msnbc.  However, it is quite the accusation and while not illegal is certainly eyebrow raising.  It would be interesting if a reporter were to ask him if he did take out such a position and if so why.  That is basically betting against America.

Took a nice 6 mile run this morning wearing the minimalist shoes again.  I felt a familiar twinge in my achilles.  I think I'm going to dial it back next time.  I've hurt that tendon before and it took a month to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment