Monday, July 11, 2011

Crab Run



Today I pulled myself out of bed and got to work early.  I haven't gone on an early morning run since well before we left on our trip.  Also, I have had a heck of a time getting to work at a normal time lately.  On a few days last week I got in the door past 10am.  That doesn't look so good so I think I might start coming in a few days a week early again.  It felt great to get out on the beach.  I used the minimalist shoes that Michelle got me for Christmas for the first time out on the street.  They felt fine on cement and asphalt.  I would not want to run on these streets barefoot.  However as soon as I got on the sand I had to take them off.  It was overcast and cool this morning.  I did an easy and slow 6 miles to the Marina and back.  It was high tide this morning so I had to run in some soft sand which is a bit of a drag but it was ok.  I like running in the off season.  There is no pressure to keep to a marathon training schedule.  I'm just running to do it.

Speaking of running, I saw this today by accident.  Kathy, you're going to love this one:

1 comment:

  1. awesome. right when i saw that nike logo, i knew where they were going with that one!

    ReplyDelete