Monday, July 25, 2011

Move Week

Well this is it.  The last week I'm going to commute across 2 counties to get to work.  Last week in Chino Hills.  I'm trying not to get too sentimental about leaving the place I've lived in for 12 years.  I think a better commute will help me forget.  I'm also looking forward to being more involved in my family's lives instead of just being the guy who goes to work and then comes home to sleep.  I especially feel an obligation to get closer to Derek.  He is going to have a rough time at his age making a new start.  I already have lots of things I want to do with him.  Hopefully some of them he actually will want to do.  With the beach and Shoreline Village less than 3 miles away that opens up a whole bunch of possibilities.  I'm sure going to like having breakfast with my family every day.

Did a shoeless 4 miler this morning.  Felt pretty good.  Some speedster dude went flying by me on the boardwalk.  He must have been cruising at a 6 minute mile pace.  At a dead sprint I could probably hang with him for a quarter mile maybe.  That's ok though, I would hate to be faster than everybody else.  I would have nobody to catch and what fun is that.

Santa Monica Pier around 7:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment