Thursday, November 14, 2013

pull up goal

4 sets

max pull ups
20 hand release pushups
10 tricep pressdowns
40 flutter kicks

I'm going to set a goal for myself to be able to do 20 dead hang pull ups by the end of 2014.  I used to hate pull ups but that was when I was doing reverse grip pull ups.  Front grip (real) pull ups are probably twice as hard.  I absolutely stink at these things.  It's a real eye opener since I've been doing sort of a crossfit style routine now for about a year.  I thought I was in pretty good shape.  Then I jump on the bar and am able to do a grand total of 5.  That's not very impressive.  Well, now I don't have any excuses.

I have a few other goals I'd like to hit in the same amount of time.

1.  I want to play video games about half as much.  I don't think it's a terrible hobby.  However, when done in excess it has a habit of screwing up my sleep cycle which is becoming more and more important as I get older.

2.  I want to get a personal creative project completed.  Right now it's looking like it is going to be some kind of children's book.  Something simple, not too ambitious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment