Monday, November 11, 2013

Victory!

10 sets
max pull ups
20 hand release pushups
10 tricep pressdowns
40 4 count flutter kicks



Well I finally did it.  The pull up bar is up and fully operational.  I swear it was like the universe was conspiring to keep this thing from being built.  I must have gone to Home Depot 6 times this weekend for extra drill bits, a level, extra cement, a corded drill, and paint.  One time we went and got what we needed only to discover that I forgot my wallet so we had to go home and come back.  When you see this in person you will immediately notice that it seems like one post is drastically tilted over.  All I can say is that I leveled it when I put it in the ground but that I did it when the sun was going down so I didn't look at it from 10 feet away where it was obvious to see.  That being said, the bar itself is perfectly level to the ground which in the end is all that matters.

I felt like I ate a little too much yesterday so I took it upon myself to do a really difficult workout this morning.  I found this one on military.com.  I felt it appropriate since today is veterans day.  This workout took a full hour to complete when the warm up is included.  That is a lot longer than my typical routines.  This one is designed specifically with improving your total number of pullups.  My max pull ups during this workout were as follows:

5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2

It is possible that I overdid it just a tad with this one.  We'll see tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment