Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Crossfit for Real

15 minute AMRAP

25 wall balls
5 dead lifts @275lbs
10 35lbs KB C&J
2 rope climbs
400 meter run

I did 2 complete rounds.  About a week ago Michelle alerted me to the fact that my groupon for the crossfit gym in Signal Hill was about to expire.  I quickly made the appointment and went in for my first official crossfit class on Monday morning.  To be honest, I was a little nervous.  I know I'm not in bad shape but there are still a lot of movements that I have never done.  The workout that we wound up doing is a prime example.  I have never done wall balls, dead lifts, or kettle bells.  Dead lifts are particularly hard.  I'm sure I'll get used to them but wow you would think it is mainly a leg exercise but it really hits you everywhere.



I wish I could practice these more at home. 

I really enjoyed the whole experience that day.  I feel bad that I don't think I can join the gym after my groupon runs out.  First off I just don't think I can justify the $125/month it costs to go there.  Beyond that though, working out a good schedule would be really hard because I am not willing to give up my mornings doing breakfast and lunches for the family.  I'm going to just try to get as much as I can out of these 10 sessions.  I'm sure it will be fun.

Michelle broke my shaving mirror about a week ago so I decided to stop shaving for a while.  This is the longest I've ever had my "beard".  I think I'll keep it just long enough to show everybody in the family.  Wish I had a picture.  I'll try to get one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment