Friday, January 17, 2014

Why I do it

400's
4 sets
50 airsquats
400 meter run

time: 12:26

I get annoyed when I stop seeing improvement.  This workout hasn't improved in quite a while.  I supposedly got a time of 11:51 about a month ago.  Since then I haven't gotten within 30 seconds of that.  Now I'm starting to question if maybe I miscounted some of my reps that day.  Regardless, I should still be able to do it.  I've gotten pretty good at doing airsquats.  I think I need to start working on the run.

I recently started taking the kids to school in the mornings.  A few days ago I was explaining to Derek why I do what I do.  I'm not overweight.  I don't feel any pressure to look a certain way.  I'm not training for an event.  When it comes down to it I'm training to improve myself mentally more than physically.  Don't get me wrong I like being healthy.  However, I know that I am weak in the mind.  Getting early everyday to workout will make you stronger mentally.  At least for me I feel like it does.  Follow that with a cold shower and I can almost assure you that you have crossed a mental threshold that most people around you haven't by 8am.  Sometimes it feels like if I do all that everything else in my day is going to be easier.  Which is almost always the case.  If there is one thing you can take to the bank in life it's that you can't do much without being mentally strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment