Monday, January 13, 2014

Epic Smog Check

4 mile run

I did a couple fairly difficult workouts this weekend.  I may have laid it on a little thick considering I hadn't worked out in 5 days.  Yesterday I did the 200 burpee workout.  What that is is 10 burpees every 60 seconds for 20 minutes.  I tried this a week ago and could not finish it.  I got to 160 and had to stop since it took me about 52 seconds to complete the last 10.  I would have had to start the next 10 8 seconds later.  There was no way.  Then I saw a youtube video of some old guy doing this workout.  I would like to add that he didn't do his burpees the way I do them with the clap overhead.  He also did them inside on a carpet or matte.  I do them on concrete.  Believe me when you start getting tired that surface matters.  Anyway, the main difference between last week and this week was that I didn't ware myself out with a 2 mile run warm up.  Doing that and then doing 200 burpees was just too much.  Today I was really sore so I decided to do a long run which I haven't done in quite some time.  Now my knee hurts a little.  I think it might be from having a sitting desk instead of the standing one I had before.

I took my car in to get smogged about 2 weeks ago and it failed.  That cost me $50 and it was only the beginning.  A few days later I took it to the mechanic near my house.  6 days and almost $1700 later my car passed the smog check.  I knew there was something weird going on with my car so it doesn't annoy me too much.  I'm trying to not get upset about it.  My engine light has been on literally for years and I noticed that my car was idling strangely.  Also my temperature gauge would fluctuate a lot.  Hopefully I don't get a bill like that for a few more years.  I think the most annoying thing about the whole experience was that it took 6 days to complete the work.  Major inconvenience getting to work everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment