Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blisters

3 sets
shoulder workout
10 dumbbell side raises
10 dumbbell front raises
10 dumbbell shoulder presses
10 burpees
no rest

This week I have thrown the normal training I do out the window and am just experimenting with different kinds of workouts.  I haven't done one like this that focuses on the shoulders so I thought I'd do it.  It was somewhat challenging but didn't really hit me as hard as I would like.  I could just add sets, but I think I need to do something that engages more of the body like a pushup style workout.

I finally got my pullup bar project off the ground last weekend.  I don't have the wood yet but I was able to dig 2 3.5 foot holes in the ground.  That ground was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  I couldn't use the shovel further than a few inches before I had to start chiseling away at it with a heavy bar.  I couldn't have done it without that heavy pry bar.  I don't even know what it's really called.  I also couldn't have done it without Derek.  He helped a lot.  I wish I had gloves on though.  Got some annoying blisters to show for my effort.

So it looks like this debt ceiling/government shutdown thing is coming to a close.  Every time I read something about how the government is sinking further into debt I feel like I should be buying ammo.

I read an interesting tidbit on some financial blog the other day.  Over time prices in general should go down because deflation is the natural order of things.  We develop new technology and methods to make the production of things cheaper.  Thus prices should go down.  So why doesn't that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment