Monday, October 21, 2013

Penalties Killing Football

4 sets 40 seconds rest between
15 diamond pushups (4-count)
15 press downs
15 regular pushups (4-count)

This workout was hard in that I couldn't do it the whole way through without pausing (going unbroken).  However, I was left without the familiar feeling of being completely exhausted.  I probably could have just added more sets but I was running out of time.  I think I'm going to do that box jump/lunge workout tomorrow.

I was watching the Denver game briefly yesterday when some player got a penalty for taking his helmet off during a play.  At that point I came to the realization that I'm starting to not like actually watching football games.  I like fantasy football but the games themselves have turned into something different over the years.  There are just too many rules.  If the refs can call a penalty on every single play if they wanted to, I think there is a problem.  This made me appreciate baseball a little more.  Baseball is one sport where the outcome is almost never decided by some ref.  Sure there is balls and strikes, but those are much more clear cut.  A strike has been a strike for the last 100 years and they aren't coming up with new penalties and rules for baseball every single year.

No comments:

Post a Comment