Thursday, October 24, 2013

Write it Down

3 sets
20 bicycle crunches 4 count
20 ab rollers
10 medicine ball russian twists
30 reverse crunches
50/50/50 calf raises

I was feeling really wore out today so I decided to do an ab day.  Ab days are usually relatively easy.  I did the 400 workout a few days ago and got a time of 12:40.  When I was doing it I noticed that I didn't feel as worn out as I usually do.  That workout is really hard.  For some reason when I was done I was really disappointed because I thought I had done it in a really bad time.  I thought my previous best was around 11:30.  I kept thinking that all day until I went back and checked some of my previous postings where I wrote down my run time for this workout.  Then I remembered that for the longest time I could not break 13 minutes.  Turns out 12:40 is now my new personal best.  This is great because I really felt good after doing it this time.  This is one of those workouts I am almost scared of because it gases me so much.

Speaking of workouts I'm scared of.  I did one yesterday that is probably at the top of that list.  100 dumbbell hang cleans to squat thrusters and every minute doing 5 burpees.  This workout is terrible because if you decide to stop and rest it makes it even harder because the 60 seconds goes by and you haven't done as many clean/thrusters as you could have so you wind up doing even more burpees.  I did it though.  Good times.

Something I've been wanting to do for a long time is to get a big white board in my garage so I can actually write down all my times for different workouts.  That way I'm not guessing if a workout had a good time or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment