Friday, October 11, 2013

Tabata

Yesterday's workout:

Tabata 4 exercises
burpees
roman chair situps
hand release pushups
air squats

Today's workout:
3 sets
20 dive bombers
15 rows
followed by
pulldowns to failure
pressdowns to failure
20 dumbbell shoulder presses with light weight

Dan the crossfit guy told me about Tabata workouts a few weeks ago.  What Tabata is is 20 seconds of exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest.  That is one set then you do 8 sets.  This is a sneaky workout because it seems really easy early on, but will make you cry by the time it's over.  He told me that when somebody asks you what your tabata pushup number is it means the set where you did the least amount.  I think I need a second opinion on this one though because when I did the pushups the first time the sets went something like 15, 15, 12, 10, 9, 6, 6, 6.  So my tabata number was 6 for pushups.  However, when I did this yesterday I did it with the intention of increasing that tabata number.  I was easily able to do sets of 9 and at the end of it I wasn't nearly as tired as the first time I did it.  I think the tabata number should just be the total number of reps you did.

The sweet potato thing is working really well.  Think I have a winner there.

No comments:

Post a Comment