Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Run Day

4 mile run

I have been feeling really run down ever since that tough workout on Sunday.  Today I woke up not even knowing what kind of workout I was going to do.  I did what I normally do and got on the treadmill for my 5 minute walking warmup.  By the end of it I still didn't know what I was going to do.  Everything was sore.  Legs, Back, everything.  So I decided to just run.  Turns out that was a great choice.  By the end of 4 miles all my soreness was gone.  I am really looking forward to getting back after a hard workout tomorrow.

This whole debt ceiling/obamacare standoff business that is going on right now in Washington is frustrating to watch.  I can't speak intelligently on the the debt ceiling or Obamacare so I won't comment on them.  However, from 2500 miles away it sure seems like we need some adults to step into the room and get this resolved. 

I'm going to make a huge assumption and say that most Americans don't want to be bothered by 99% of what goes on in Washington.  They don't want to spend time reading about the details of legislation.  If this were a monarchy or dictatorship we wouldn't have to worry about any of these things because it wouldn't matter.  But we live in a Republic and so we have the option of caring.  I think some people believe our government is made up of people we elect to do what we want.  That is ridiculous.  Go up to the average person on the street and ask them what they want to do with health care or the debt ceiling.  999 times out of 1000 they won't have the first clue about those issues.  Myself included.  No, who elect is people to take care of these issues for us so that we can worry about all the things in our lives like paying the mortgage and staying employed.  We elect those people to learn about these issues of the day, to intelligently craft solutions to those issues and be adults about it.  Instead what it appears we have is a bunch of teenagers jockeying for some nationwide popularity contest.  If we asked most people what they would want if given the choice between a popular leader or a leader that does the right thing.  I think most of use would choose the latter.  Just do what you have to do with a clear conscience.  It should be that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment